Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A letter

Hi baby #2,
Just wanted to let you know that we are all ready and waiting for your arrival. Mommy has almost completely packed her bag. We have the double stroller ready for you and the carseat. We also have the carseat in the car. We have all the neutral clothes washed and Gwen's baby stuff out. Is there something else you are waiting for Mommy and Daddy to do? Please let me know, I know things don't happen until they are supposed to, I obviously don't know the plan. Grandma is on a plane and we are going to pick her up soon, are you also waiting for her arrival? Today as you may or may not know is your due date. We all know that your big sister though that was a joke, the due date, and now as we have gotten to know her we understand why she didn't care. I hope that you aren't secretly harboring my stubborn personality traits, could you bring some of your Daddy's personality out in to the world. I promise you won't be sorry.
Now please don't assume that I write this because I am frustrated with having you in utero, I don't mind at all, I just don't want you to overstay your welcome. I want you to stay in as long as you are comfortable, I am not sure that you are all that comfortable anymore, in the evenings your movements can be quite painful to Mommy. I was just hoping that you could either come out or stop trying to stretch out Mommy more than you already have. I didn't think I could get much bigger after your sister, but you have proven me wrong, as I am sure you and Gwen will continue to do for many years to come.
Your Daddy, Gwen and I are all looking forward to meeting you, as well as many other family and friends. People are very excited to learn your name and if you will be a boy or a girl. Don't fret, we have had your names picked out for a while, but as you listen to every conversation I have you already know your name.
We look forward to meeting you, and hope that you grace us with your presence very soon. We are ready and we are excited! See you soon, I hope!
Love,
Momma

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! :o) I'm so excited for all of you Mel and I can't wait to find out all about baby #2. I look on your site daily to see if there is any news. Good Luck! :o)
Amy :o)

Beth said...

I hadn't checked your site in a couple of days and was hoping we'd be meeting the new little one by now!!!

Thinking of you!
Beth

Liesa said...

We are just checking T+1 and counting... Hope all is well, Melanie. Take care :)