Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tummy Time

While Gwen was sleeping almost 2 weeks ago, Nate would not nap, so being the kind and not cranky Mom that I am I made him do tummy time. Seriously, I am embarrassed to say these pictures were taken on the 20th! I can say with certainty that poor Nate is not getting as many pictures taken of him as we have from Gwen's first weeks. Poor kid!



Nate can totally hold his head up on his own, I of course didn't get a shot of that. He is getting pretty strong and he is a pretty good boy, I won't tell you what his issues seem to be, but then what I talk to Eric about when he gets home from work?

I think Eric and I are much saner at this point than we were almost 2 years ago (side note: can you believe Gwen will be 2 in less than 2 weeks! AHH!). We were at IKEA yesterday, which is about a 45 minute drive, and this woman randomly started talking to us (this happens to me a lot, Eric notices) asking about how old our kids were and commenting on how good we looked and couldn't believe we were out with a 2.5 week old. I realized that is pretty amazing, we would not have attempted anything like that before, oh and did I mention we also went out to dinner! I have realized that this time around, even though I spend most of my day running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I am able to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I think Eric would agree it is a nice change from what it was like after Gwen.

In Gwen news, she has so many words we can hardly understand her. Sometimes she says things we can't even believe and yesterday's car ride proved that Eric and I won't be talking to each other much anymore, because we won't be able to get a word in edgewise!

3 comments:

Maddie makes 4 said...

Hey Mel
Dont feel bad about the picture thing and the lack of ones with Nathan. When Nick was born I took him pictures almost everymonth the 1st year, then he got them at least once a year. Maddie has not had her pic taken professionally since she was one year old...
How true that we relax so much after the first one. When Nick was born I insisted Pete and I sleep in shifts so that we could watch him... even if he was sleeping.... Nothing even close to that happened when Maddie was born :)
Glad to hear things are going well... We are going to your moms this weekend. I wonder what she decided about the pool slide.
Have a good day :)
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Nate is sooo...."handsome"!! Are those Baby War Eagle colors on him?? Never too soon!
Enjoy both of your beautiful munchkins!
Love,
MaFitz

Jason said...

Congratulations Melanie. The Burke's told me the news. he's beautiful and Gwen looks a lot like you.