Monday, June 16, 2008

Obsessed

I know that many of you have been wondering how Gwen feels about Nate. As far as we can tell, up to this point, Gwen is obsessed! When ever anyone goes to get her from her crib she says "baby", before she even says Daddy! I know you know what that means, Eric has been dethroned, and I have moved to #3.
This is not to say that everything around here is running smoothly, Gwen is having some difficulties adjusting and yesterday she spent most of the morning baiting me (it was just the 3 of us making breakfast for Daddy), she just wants to hug and hold "baby Nate" and doesn't understand much about being gentle, but then again she is 2. I have heard the story of some older siblings that put their younger brother in the trash because they wanted a sister.
But Gwen has a genuine love for Nathan and that is good, we have some videos taken by Mom so you can see just how much she adores him...we try to no longer talk about his eyes, since she poked him in the eye already, bad Mommy, who knew she was so fast on the draw!


3 comments:

Beth said...

SO SWEET!!! She'll make a great big sister - she already is!

amyfruity said...

Wow Mel! I'm impressed that you've done so much posting with Nate and Gwen to care for....You're on top of things. Gwen is so cute with Nate....I love the videos! You have a great looking family! :o)

Beth Lamb said...

Congratualions! I think Nate was born on Virginia's birthday. if he came on the 12th of June. I know you will share many adventures with the two of them. They are lucky to have such caring parents!

Love to you both!
Beth Lamb