Monday, June 09, 2008

Happy Birthday

Ha ha, not my newborn, just a friend. I am still home, thinking this baby is coming on Friday the 13th, mostly because that is my FIL's birthday and really the next birthday after my friend Liesa, whose birthday is today. I know she said that the 9th is a good day for a birthday and she said she didn't want me to wait that long, but secretly she could have wished I waited that long! But if that was her plan, it appears to not be working, because I still have no baby in my arms! Tomorrow we have a Dr's appt and they are going to do an u/s to check the fluid around the baby and possibly something else. Just want to make sure everything is still ok in there, before they allow me to go another week. So, we will see how that goes and keep you posted, since it is looking less and less likely that I will be having this baby soon, at least that is how I am feeling now. I am seriously people, I actually have been participating in exercise class, like really participating, "running" and all the other stuff still no contractions. I am really torn, I don't want to get this baby out before s/he is ready, but my Mom is here to help with Gwen and the longer this baby waits the less help after I get.

But, besides Gwen being 2 and it being seriously hot outside, we have been spending far too much time inside and the walking, even though I am out there at least 2x a day, the other day I did 2mi in the evening! Gwen has been entertaining us with her ever expanding vocabulary and crazy mimicking abilities. Grandma has been snapping photos, I know you have probably been going through withdraw, since no new pictures of Gwen have been posted.

Happy Birthday Liesa, for real! I hope that you have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Beth said...

She is a cutie!!! Her looks seem to be changing (at least from what I can tell through pictures)! My girls love their purses as well!!

Thinking of you!

Liesa said...

Awww... thanks Melanie! I didn't secretly wish for you to deliver today. I just hope he/she comes sooner than later for your comfort - it IS hot out!!

Melanie said...

Liesa-you say that now, but really, who knows what you secretly wished for...not that I am blaming you! ;p
Hope your boys make your day special.

Beth-she is no longer a baby, looking more and more like a little girl and more and more like me, from what I am told!

ellen said...

We think June 10th is a good day for a birthday(that multiple of 5 thing) Go Melanie! I think it's a boy. Pete thinks you're waiting for him to arrive.

Liesa said...

No word... OH MY - could it be that Baby #2 has a June 10th birthday?!

Hope all is well - take care with the weather out!!!