Saturday, June 07, 2008

Surprised?

Still no baby. I guess I am a late baby factory; at least now I know. There are some nice things about being late, ok, maybe nice and things is stretching it, but something fun about being late is when people ask you when you are due and you can say last Wed. The shock on their face that I still look "normal" and aren't complaining about the heat. But then you have to listen to people tell you all kinds of crazy things you don't want to hear. It is pretty hot here, we are under a heat advisory, so the walking thing is not as cool as one might think, literally. I do sort of feel like a dog, that needs to be walked, but I guess that is better than being an elephant since I would be carrying this baby for another 13 months. Although, I feel like an elephant, esp after looking at some pictures of me from almost a week ago. Suffice it to say I will not be posting anymore pregnant Melanie pictures!
Gwen is being "very 2" as my Mom keeps saying. She warmed up to my Mom very quickly, but now she doesn't really want anything to do with her, she doesn't want her to leave, but she doesn't want her to touch her either! We are wondering if it is because she is cutting 2 yr molars, or she senses our impatience of waiting for her brother or sister to be born or she senses the birth is imminent and she is freaking out! Sadly, the thing that makes Gwen most even keel and happy, taking her outside is not such a good idea, poor kid has been red-cheeked all day!

3 comments:

Liesa said...

Had to check in - we're thinking of you!!

Melanie said...

looks like I might make your birthday after all! Of course that would mean I would have to go into labor in the next 24 hrs and I am losing hope!

Beth said...

Had to check in as well!! Glad you are hanging in there!!! The reward is well worth the wait (please remind me of this in December)!!