Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Babysitting

I have now ventured into the realm of babysitting. Ok, so I don't really have cards made or giving out offers, but I have made myself available to a couple people if they need it. So, Nate and I sat and watched as the girls played.
Ok, so we didn't really sit and watch, but I did want to include him, so anyhoo on with the girls. Gwen and her friend are pretty tight, by toddler standards, I would guess. They love to chase each other and scream, so I think that means they like each other. Gwen seems to be taking the leader in this relationship from what I can tell, now that she is speaking she is getting quite bossy, we are working on that! Her friend is a couple months older than her.

Her friend also has a little sister, who sadly doesn't get much play time with her sister and Gwen, but she doesn't seem to care, mostly cause she is 1, I suspect and I am not sure she knows she should. Plus, she really knows how to defend herself if they get to rowdy (not that they did, but I have seen her in action before and I know that she can!)
Dear Lord, do you know how many books I had to read, well, I didn't count, but it was a lot!
I missed the shot of Gwen and her friend laying down, so cute!



When my friend came back, she was enticed to read some books also!
What was interesting was I had blockaded us all into the living room and wanted to see how long it would be before the girls noticed that they could crawl under the table. Seriously, the youngest figured it out and only about 5 minutes before my friend came back...2 hours into the etrapment! I don't know if that means they were just having so much fun they didn't care or they just aren't problem solvers! Gwen did try to move the exersaucer but after she saw the sister try to go over there they tried to go over her table. It was nice, because I figured the blockade would only last a little while, it worked out much better than I had hoped! And, we are all none the worse for wear!

No comments: