Thursday, September 11, 2008

3 months

Or as this should be titled...I heart baby Nate! Not to say that I don't love Gwen, I totally love that challenge rolled up into the complex package that is Gwen, but to know Gwen and Nate and to realize that they have the same parents is a quandary at this point that makes me wonder, like we wonder about Nate's eye color changing...Nate eye report, still blue! I wonder, how they can both be our children! They are so different even at this age. If you wonder what I mean you can see here or here. I do have to say, despite the hair and eye color differences they seem to look similar. Looking back these old posts I would have to say, I have to kick it into high gear with Nate, poor kid could be more advanced if Mommy worked with him more, I am sure! But this post is about what he has accomplished despite my shortfalls and Gwen's neediness! Nate is so calm and relaxed, he only wakes up 1-2 times a night, depending on how much napping in the swing he has done. If I could get to bed earlier life would be good for me sleepwise! Hopefully after the hecticness of the traveling and visitors and his Baptism we will get Nate to sleep in his crib during the day, but I guess by then he will be 4 months. I have not once had to pull out Mr. Starfish though!
Gone are the days of the caterpillar, Nate is so good at tummy time, this picture shows the last time we used it, mid-August my camera said! Today he even got his legs moving like he was interested in crawling. Thankfully it will be a long time before I have to worry about that. Eric and I are expecting he might roll over very soon. He tries so hard during tummy time and at night when in his crib he gets himself on his side. I think it will be soon and we will have a roly-poly on our hands!
The above photo captures one of my most favorite Nate looks. It is his completely content look! He gets that when he is full or sleepy. It just makes me smile, so I am glad we got it on "film".
Nate is so giggly and smiley and chatty. He will babble a blue streak to his mobiles or anyone who he is looking at or who am I kidding, he will just babble, to babble. Yesterday in the car shop a man was there with his daughter, who was probably 8 months or so, and Nate started babbling and she responded so he started chatting again, too cute.
Nate is almost sitting up on his own, he is doing the lean now, sometimes. But sometimes you can prop him up somewhere and he will stay there for a while. He still has some of his newborn jerkiness, which hinders his ability to stay sitting, but that seems to be relaxing also.

Nate is a really sweet baby who at this point if I could get him to cooperate at nap time would be low maintenance. I received an email today from a girlfriend who has 3 girls and 1 boy. She said that her son was a sweet baby and then he turned into a boy! She seemed to add emphasis on the boy part, but with 3 sisters, you can kind of expect he would stick up for himself at some point! I like to tease that Nate is all boy, grunting and gulping when he eats, grunting when he poops, you know, girl babies don't do that, at least I don't remember Gwen being so loud!

No comments: