Monday, March 19, 2007

2 things...

Even though I am no longer really employed as a scientist, I can't let go. Today I tried a little experiment on our little Gwen. I want to get down to what her problem is with eating. Today, I got myself an apple (peeled, cored and sliced), Gwen some home made applesauce, and the experiment commenced. I gave Gwen some applesauce with the spoon, she took it. Made some faces, but ate it. I tried to give Gwen a second spoonful, had to sneak it in, I tried again, same thing. So I gave her a piece of my sliced apple. She picked it up, put it in her hand and started licking it and eventually started gnawing on it until she bit off a piece (a mighty big piece for a little tyke without a full mouth of teeth). So then I feed her off the spoon with a piece of the apple and she took it. Ok, so it seems she just wants what we eat and not that boiled/baked down food, raw food she can put in her mouth and chew. UGH! I think she just likes 2 things, either feeding herself or me feeding her without using a spoon. She is pretty funny with the graduates, they get stuck in her hand and she can't get it out of her hand. So, I don't really know what I am going to do, I suspect I should keep her eating until she gets enough teeth to chew, but I would like to give her variety, and I don't think I can do that with foods she can feed herself.
The second thing that I would like to mention is that I am pretty sure that Gwen knows that I am Mama & Eric is Dada. This afternoon when Gwen woke up from her nap she started saying Mama, Mama, Mama, when I didn't just jump up and get her she started saying Dada, Dada, Dada. Eric said when I left her alone with him while I was Church she didn't say Mama until I came home. I don't know if I am ready for her to start talking for real, that just means she is going to be able to learn sarcasm and back talk and yelling.

No comments: