Friday, March 16, 2007

Eating: it's not for me!

Since I have been back from FL, I have tried in earnest to get Gwen to eat. The response I get can be seen in the following video.

I think this is above and beyond the 'normal' baby doesn't want to eat. She genuinely does not like the spoon. I take that back, she likes the spoon, but only as a play toy. Don't think that I haven't tried to sneak food on to the spoon and then let her play with it, she is smarter than that, she deftly removes 'nasty' food with her finger from the spoon and puts the spoon into her mouth. Yesterday I felt pretty terrible, because the only way I could get her to eat is if I pushed her cheeks together and so she would open her mouth so I could get the spoon in so she could at least try the foods! Today we tried 'finger foods' and although according to the box she is not 'ready' for them, since she doesn't crawl on her hands and knees with her belly off the ground, we tried them with my supervision. At one point she did actually put one of the finger foods to her mouth, I think she even licked it, she just never released the food. Today I also waited my lunch so we could 'eat' together, but still no go. I could sneak the 'finger foods' into her mouth, but she just doesn't seem interested. If anyone has any advice, for us on this next hurdle of parenthood, please let me know.

No comments: