Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finalizing plans

Not much exciting going on around here. I am still pregnant, Eric is still at work and Gwen is still napping. I am beginning to wonder about that girl the last 2 days she has taken longer naps than usual. I wonder if warning her about Grandma & Aunt Ellen visiting means that she knows she is going to need the extra rest! Yesterday's nap was so long I actually snuck up and checked to make sure she was still breathing. I can usually hear her breathing in the monitor, if I turn it way up, but I couldn't hear a thing. Plus, I was nervous about some redness and bumps she had on her chest after spilling her milk (with honey nut cheerios) all over herself. Apparently Eric feels this is not an allergy to nuts, but more like a skin sensitivity, since she also excema, I just don't know what to do. I probably should call the pediatrican, but I hate for Gwen to go through all that crap for nothing.
I am also debating whether or not I should do a 2nd birthday party for Gwen. It will possibly be around 6 weeks after the #2 comes around when Gwen turns 2. We have a very busy summer, with Eric's official graduation, the birth and eventually a Baptism. I don't want to neglect Gwen, if we had family around it would be much easier, you know we could always "force" them to come over and celebrate and I am not saying I wouldn't celebrate, but really what is so exciting about turning 2, besides the fact that they are "terrible".
Here are pictures of the scene around here on Saturday.




You can see why the hubby likes being home so much! Seriously the adoration can you just see it...although I am not convinced it is because of Eric or because she knew he would share whatever crap it is that he chosen to eat.
I almost hated to put Gwen down for her nap today. She has been so cute today, babbling up a storm and in such a good mood. I swear I am in so much trouble when she starts learning more verbs and can speak in sentences. I won't have a moments peace! Well, it sounds as if she is awake...I am sure the neighboring counties can hear the squealing!

3 comments:

Beth said...

She sounds like she is doing GREAT!!!

Not too much longer and we'll get to meet the new little one!

I hope you're feeling ok!!
Beth

Liesa said...

I vote YES on a party :) I can come help you plan it :)

How's the Pope there?

Melanie said...

Liesa, if coming up here to help me plan a party is all it takes to get you to visit...this kid is totally having a party! I'd give her 10 parties just to get a visit from you!