Monday, April 07, 2008

Weekend sickness

Gwen's sickness seemed to be short lived, thank goodness. She seems to be doing much better, some days a little whiny, but what can you do, she is almost 2! She has definitely become attached to both Eric and myself, I don't know if she realizes that he will be gone, or that she is starting to understand what the phrase baby in the belly means. She cries if Eric leaves, she cries if I leave...fun times!
This weekend we had a nice Sat. The museums were all free this weekend and if you went to 4 you got a souvenir bell, if you learned a interesting fact about each place. I am happy to report with a nap even, we were able to visit 4 museums on Sat. The last place we hit was the children's museum and Gwen seemed to enjoy a room they had there where they let the kids play with some toys that seemed to be from old times. I think she would have stayed there for a while, she kept saying moo! (She was playing with a wooden cow, he was climbing over a house). But, then we came home and Eric has been sick ever since. Boo! I am hoping that his immune system became depressed with the stress he has had recently and that has caused him to get something we have already have...do you think that is too much to hope for? He is scheduled to leave for NY tomorrow. I think he is going to make it. I am hoping that resting today will allow him to be better and at least Gwen has had one more day with Daddy before he leaves us for 4 days!
Gwen cracks me up. While she is napping I heard her say Daddy, UP and then went back to sleep. I guess she talking in her sleep because it has been about an hour since then and she is still sleeping! We have a lot more things/pictures to update you on, but I think I am going to make you wait until the 10th when I do her monthly update!

No comments: