Friday, April 25, 2008

Hershey

So last weekend we had a good time in Hershey, we were disappointed that the whole town did not smell like chocolate! Ok, maybe I was disappointed to find out that the town did not smell like chocolate. Eric was disappointed to find out that I made him roll down his window right before we passed the water treatment plant! Oh well, you live and learn. One thing is for sure, the town does know how to celebrate the Hershey Kiss! They had kisses everywhere.
(this picture was mostly posted for Grandmom...I thought she might like a laugh!)


Staying at the Lodge, we received complementary tickets to the museum and the gardens. We made it to the gardens but not the museum. It has been a long time since we have slept in! No babies crying or talking in the morning, waking us up.





From the gardens you could see Hershey Park, and you could hear the screams from the roller coaster riders!
We made it to Chocolate World, we took the tour, it was free. We ate lunch there and had a good time shopping in the land of chocolate before heading back.

We asked a walking guard to take our picture with the sign, but I guess he zoomed in and couldn't get the stuff up top!
So, anyway, we had a good time, we didn't come back with any earth shattering news or to anything terrible. It was nice to spend some time together, just the two of us with no responsibilities. There were 4 restaurants in the hotel and we hit 3 of them. I am the most excited about my breakfast, banana stuffed pancakes with chocolate-hazelnut syrup! YUM! I am only sad that we didn't make a spa appointment 3 months in advance so that we could have gotten massages. Oh well, who knew! I am also happy to report that Eric and I can have conversations that did not revolve around Gwen or #2, which is unfortunate for #2, because s/he still does not have a name. Not knowing the sex of the baby does make these last few weeks more exciting, we have something to look forward to; finding out the sex of the baby! I know many will say won't it just be exciting to meet your new baby...I would say yes, except Gwen was a terrible newborn and Eric and I are not looking forward to hearing the newborn cry, I don't know many people whose babies were brought back from the nursery because they wouldn't stop crying...at that point we should have realized that we were in for some trouble. I mean if the expert nurses couldn't quiet Gwen, how would we know how?

No comments: