Friday, April 25, 2008

New things!

Several new things have developed around here. The first and most important is that our poor girl seems to have a shellfish allergy, or to Old Bay's seasoning...either way I am thinking that we live in the wrong state for my little princess! I did find out that Gwen does not get hyper with Benadryl...pretty excited to learn that! This is probably bad news for anyone we promised to bring to May's, since Gwen didn't eat any of the shellfish, maybe a taste of the Old Bay's but we can't confirm any of that. We do know that she was touched by all of us who all had crab/seasonings all over our hands. Here is a picture the next day, I think she had maybe 2 doses of Benadryl and her eyes are still puffy! Poor girl had hives and puffiness!
This picture was taken at the horse farm on Wed. As you probably know Gwen would not get on the horse, but she did touch the horse and thought his nose was funny. One of our fellow exercisers worked at this horse farm and had a mini horse and a pony. I think only the older kids would get on the pony or the horse...by older kids I mean the over 2 and 3 year olds.

Here you can see the girls and the donkey and the pony. As you can see the brown pony was just a little guy, Gwen petted him. He had a huge belly, they called him "Belly" because he had such a wide girth!
Thursday we had swim class, our second to last swim class...Gwen was NOT in the mood. We had a hard time getting to class because of this. Traffic downtown was a nightmare because of people re-routing. Gwen the last 2 days has woken up crying naps and overnight. I always take this as a bad sign for our day, she will be clingy and whiny and all around frustrated with her surroundings. This probably wouldn't be so bad if the sisters weren't just here and making me put me feet up all day. Makes for a very tired Mommy!
Went to the Dr today, still one more 2 week appt to go and then I go weekly. Everything appears to be going well, as the CRNP said, no news is good news! I also do not have to get the Strep B test since I already tested positive, those of you that have had kids recently will know why that is good news! And the CRNP said that if we wanted to refuse the checking on whether or not anything is going on we could...I did that last time. Her feeling is when something starts happening, you usually know, which is how I feel. No need to poke and prod and get me excited that I am 2 cm dilated and 40% effaced, since I can easily be walking around like that for weeks! (not that I am mind you, I wasn't checked!) Gwen was so exhausted she feel asleep on the way home. I don't ever know what to do when that happens, mostly because it doesn't usually happen, but I "ran" up the stairs and tried to put her down immediately, she wasn't happen, because she woke up before we came in the house, but now she is sleeping! Alleluia! Mommy, as she sometimes calls me now, needs to put her feet up!

1 comment:

Liesa said...

Hey Melanie!
Jack was exactly her age when he had a reaction to something. He woke up and his entire face was swollen. It really scared me. I raced him to the doctor - who then referred to an allergist. We never figured out what it was. He had all kinds of tests. Argh. I hope it is something you guys can pin down - what a weird thing to not know.