Monday, January 19, 2009

And I will walk 10000 miles

I seem to have been rather distracted lately, I looked at the camera and realized that I had something like 45 pictures to download. Oops! I guess that must mean I have been a bad blogger! We have been adjusting to life with Daddy at home. It seems to be going rather well, and has its advantages. I don't really have to do as much stuff laden down with 2 kids. It mostly works out to Nate and I and Gwen and Eric. Sometimes well all meet, but mostly Gwen would like to spend all her time with Daddy, and frankly, I like it! I have joined a 10000 step a day challenge with my SS group. We have teams of 3. Today, the first day, 7p and I still have 3000 steps to go. That works out to 1.5 mi. I keep checking the thing and I am pretty sure it is not doing all my steps. I will look at my pedometer then count in my head and then look again at the pedometer, 9 times out of 10 it has given me less steps. I don't really know what to do about that or how to account for that because most people are getting more steps than they are doing and I feel cheated! I missed 15 minutes of class today and I was 1000 steps behind everyone else, that just doesn't seem right. Anyhoo, that means I am to walk 5mi a day for 6 weeks. If that doesn't spur me on to some more baby weight loss, I don't know what will. I figure since I have this walking thing going, I might as well also start tracking my points again. Today I have been keeping track in my head, not really what I intended...I need to write this stuff down, otherwise I will never get to where I need to be!
We are in the throes of potty training again. With Eric home I thought it would be a good idea to try again. This time I think potty training is being met with much less resistance. YAY! I KNOW she can do it. When we are in public she stays dry, gives us warning when she needs to pee, but when we are at home, not so much; we have to work on that. So, we are giving her more naked time, at home which allows her to remember there is no diaper there. We haven't had an accident yet today, but Eric and Gwen just walked down to the store and she hasn't peed since nap time, so it is about time for her to go again. We went to Target and I got several new stickers and coloring books. Since Gwen is really into coloring I thought that would be a good incentive to stay dry for a couple of days. I happened upon a Elmo potty coloring book with a ready made chart for Gwen to fill out every time she goes to the potty...she LOVES it and talks about it. I am hoping this is the incentive she needs to get this over with, I think it will be. When she pees in the potty she gets stickers, Gwen no longer puts said stickers all on top of each other like she used to, but she now puts them on whatever is closest and gets her fancy. Yesterday it was her belly!
It is a barrel of laughs around here. Gwen and Nate laugh and laugh and keep us entertained and have I mentioned Gwen loves the hot chocolate!

Off to get 3000 more steps, I guess I will try to vacuum and if that doesn't work out, I guess I could walk Gwen down to the store again, apparently they made snow angels on the way, in our 1-2in of snow!

No comments: