Sunday, October 18, 2009

These are the days...

I haven't made much of an effort here lately. It isn't that I don't have much to say, I have a lot to say. I have been letting things slide and I need to pick the ball back up and tell you how things are. The family is still plugging along. Everyday we get more and more used to our surroundings. I recently went to a preschool fair trying to determine what to do about next year. I am afraid that for Gwen, going from staying with us all day to a full day of school would be a little much. I think there would be a bad adjustment, so I am looking into preschools. I had some people there state that I should immediately get Gwen into preschool now, because at 3, she definitely needed to be in preschool. Whatever. I guess I am supposed to start touring and sitting in classrooms, getting her on a waiting list, and whatnot.
Gwen is getting to be more and more like a little girl and less and less like a toddler. Sometimes I think she thinks faster than she can get the words out. I think mostly she is getting less on my nerves. Now, if I could only get her to pee more regularly, but that is a topic for another day.
Nate, on the other hand, is getting worse. Well, not really worse, but more and more difficult. Nate has some new skills, all of them are bringing havoc to my life. He has learned to climb up, but now down. He loves climbing up and every time you turn around he is standing on something, pulling on something or shaking something (like a chair) enough that you think that he will fall off the chair. He seems to have no fear. He has been known to just walk off the bed, slide down a slide head first. No regard for his safety, which means I need to keep an eye on him CONSTANTLY, which is impossible and not really my style of mothering. So, I have been fervently trying to teach Nate how to get down, which really is a futile at this point, because he doesn't really care.
Eric seems to be doing well in school, well I don't know how well he is doing, because there is no grading system apparently, either you pass or you don't. I suspect he will do well and he seems to be adjusting to the college lifestyle. And we are getting ready to start another busy week!

No comments: