Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

So today, I really got into the mood of the Halloween. It has taken me a couple years, but I wanted to do up the house and have the kids really enjoy themselves, the heck with eating well today! We started the day with pumpkin chocolate pancakes. Everyone approved. Then we had baked apples and mummies for dinner...
I started to get a little lazy, we already had had some trick or treaters, the picture I saw used string mozzarella, I think if I make these next year, I will do the same, the mozzarella stays together better.
Then, we started getting a bunch of trick or treaters while we were getting the kids dressed. So we rushed through that and I didn't really get any pictures of them dressed together, like I wanted to, the natives were breaking out...
They broke out and went to our neighbor's, Nate helped himself.
Nate was really cute, I could not get him to put the candy in his bag, he would hold it and then when we got close to the next house, he would drop it on the floor. He would also say "thank you" and "bye".
Look at my sweet trick or treaters.
Nate just sat himself down to eat some candy, we'd only been to like 3 houses...but it was 80 degrees!

Walking home.


Gwen passed out some of the candy, and its a good thing she did, otherwise we would have had ALOT more candy left.
I in vain tried to get a picture of the 2 of them together, this is the best we could do. By this point Gwen was hyped up on the sugar and wouldn't look at the camera!
Can't believe it, but we miss our old neighborhood! We didn't have nearly the trick or treaters we used to have, plus we would all sit out together and chat, the only time of year we ever spoke to them other than in passing. Fortunately the kids are young, so only going to 10-15 houses was great fun. Next year we are going to have to find a better neighborhood or somewhere else to go to in conjunction. Hope ya'all had a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Mommy Daisy said...

That looks like a blast! And good luck on NaBloPoMo, I'll be reading and posting along.