Sunday, November 01, 2009

November 1st!

Here we go, a month of blogging, are you ready, I'm not sure I am! But, here we go anyway. I have a backlog of pictures to add, so I guess when I run out of things to say, I can use those pictures...maybe a couple of "Memories Mondays".
Anyhoo, it has been a interesting weekend around here, the kids are well, crazy and cute. We were a little lazy yesterday and slept in, the whole family. I don't know why, but I don't question getting to sleep in, uninterrupted until 8! (hubby and Gwen slept in until 9!) Gwen decided last night she was not going to wear a diaper last night and made it completely through the night dry! We think she is ready for night training, now if we could just convince her! It would be awesome to only have 1 child in diapers!
I am finally starting to get back into the swing of being a stay at home Mom. This seems crazy to me, I would have thought it was like riding a bike, sure Eric was home for 6 months and I didn't have to think about schedules and running errands, but now I do. Part of this is that I am not letting Nate take his 1st nap. I feel like it is time for him to only have 1. I don't think he agrees, because if we are in the car or he is in the stroller for an extended period he will fall asleep in the morning. I am finding that I don't discourage this, because it is just enough to take the edge off, so I can keep him up until 12:30, 1ish, which is a better nap time. Gwen is still figuring out quiet time. I think she still needs to do some napping, but maybe not everyday. I can tell when she needs a nap, but there is no way to force a child to nap, sadly!
Today some friends of mine are participating in the Race for Hope. A couple months ago a friend of mine was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She is alive and well today and at the race. Friends and family have donated over $23,000 to the race, they are one of the top 10 fundraising teams. I just wish I could be there to run with them! That might have been the push I needed to learn how to run a 5K. I guess I am just going to have to hope that my new exercise buddy and I will get together regularly enough that I will be able to run 3mi consistently. I am up to 9min running 2 min walking; for 30 min total.
That is all for now, I am off to bake a pumpkin pie. I found some pie pumpkins for 99cents, so I bought 3! I wasn't real happy with the last pumpkin pie I made, oh, it was good, but I need to work on my technique, I can make just about anything, as long as I have a recipe, but it never turns out pretty. So, when I saw those cheap pie pumpkins I grabbed them up...I have already made the crust and cooked the pumpkins, now on to puree-ing/freezing the "extra" pumpkins and making the pie...sounds like my little helper is not napping, so I guess I will have a stirrer.

No comments: