Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 28th!

I can't believe November is almost over, 2 days left of NaBloPoMo, I might just make it. I have to say this year it has been more difficult to keep up with this posting thing! I don't know if it is the 2 kids 1 of whom is not napping anymore, or if it is my move and not having any friends so I have nothing to write about. Well, nothing interesting to write about.
Today, for instance we went for a run, the whole family. We ended up doing 4.5+ miles, I know I ran 2 of those miles without stopping, the rest, well I did some running back, but Nate started to throw a fit so for the last 1.5 mi we let the kids out to walk/run with us. I really enjoyed not having to push the jogger. I know that is the only reason I got so far, I just kept plugging away while the hubby dealt with the kids! Nate was pretty cute after the run, he kept yelling "run, run" or "go, go" and would start running with all his might, he also had several sword fights with his sister using sticks. Lots more injuries in my future with those 2! When we were on the trail we saw people riding these, the human powered kind. It was very interesting to see. I should think after a while you would get pretty tired. But, what do I know, really, I didn't try the thing.
That pretty much took up our morning. This afternoon we wanted to leave but couldn't figure out where to go. I am sure there were places we could go to, we just couldn't think of anything. I guess we will have to put our thinking caps on for tomorrow afternoon. I guess we are pretty boring kind of people and well we just don't know of the fun things to do yet.
The hubby is still working on projects and we are gearing up for the "winter break" aka the break he will never, ever have again. It seems that his rotation is done officially next week (I think) then he has 2 finals and then he is off until sometime in Jan. He has been told that he can still come into work. And, I think he will a little bit, to keep up appearances and such. But I think (although I don't know) most of the time he is planning on being around. I think we will continue with projects and maybe paint a room or 2 so we can start hanging up some pictures that are still in boxes. We are definitely looking forward to making this place more home-y.
Gwen and Eric worked on her Santa letter. I am still undecided on this Santa thing. Don't know how much I want to encourage it. But Gwen dictated the letter and Eric wrote it. Too bad some of the people that are shopping for Gwen have already finished shopping. I am not sure how much Santa is going to bring her though, because she thinks the only thing Nate wants is a stocking and that is not very nice to not suggest things for your brother who can't really express what he wants.
We have noticed that we are cleaning much more, mostly because before we could ignore everything and go downstairs to our kid-free zone until we felt like dealing with it. Now we don't have that luxury, we must deal or step over.
I think that is all for now. I feel pretty tired, even though it is only 8p. I might try to go to bed early...I know it will never happen, but a girl can dream!

No comments: