Thursday, June 22, 2006

Work rant

Today was a big day at work. We were introduced to our new business unit leader. Didn't really get a chance to talk to him, but he seems rather nice. This was an 'all hands on deck' meeting, our immediate bosses were there also. One of the bosses said, what do you think about sending Eric out of town the third week in July. WHAT! I don't think so. If I had the baby today, it might be feasible, but the baby might not be more than 2 weeks old. My Mom will be here until early Tues of that week, but I don't think he should be traveling yet. I said, oh Eric, don't you have a final coming up, isn't that the 3rd week in July, ok it is the 2nd, but Eric's like I am not sure. I saw that he was trying to tell the truth, but I didn't care. I know that I could probably handle the baby, but shouldn't he be home, i.e no travel, for the first month. Maybe by then I will be adjusted. The boss was like, we could send him away so he could get some good nights rest. Whatever dude, I am not sure your wife would not be too happy if you were sent away too soon after the baby is born. It is likely I won't have to worry about this. The guy running the program is giving the group the run around. The 3rd weekend in July is the 3rd reschedule for this test. I hate to be a pain, or do I?

No comments: