Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Dr's appointment

Yesterday was the six month appointment. The Dr did inform me that Gwen will likely be crawling and pulling up by the next appointment. Well, I would hope so, the next appointment is in 3 months. If she wasn't crawling by then I would really have to worry about her development...she is putting her butt up in the air and getting her legs under her and has had a couple of crawl like motions, but nothing to actually propel her forward. She is still going backwards, and yet somehow getting to where she wants to go. Her are the vital statistics, for those of you who are keeping track, oh and kudos to Joan for the almost exact guess. (She had height correct, off by a little in the weight department!)
18.7 lbs (80%, finally no longer 90%, she apparently gets the 'solidness' from me, my Mom says)
26 1/2in (70%)
4 more shots yesterday, took the first shot like a champ, no tears, second was a different story, don't what it was but she certainly was NOT happy.
Not much new to report, Gwen talked and smiled and cooed. She has been babbling a lot more the other day she did actually babble Daddy, but I did not encourage it, I just kept saying no, Mommy, mommy, mommy. She just kept babbling about nothing. She does like right at you and move her mouth like she is talking to you, but doesn't actually have anything coming out and looks at you like she is telling you something important. One of the stroller strides girls mentioned it. She also has been acting like she is chewing gum, or eating constantly. We are trying to figure that out. Yesterday when I was giving her the nasty, I mean yummy rice cereal I noticed that I often 'chew', hoping that she will get the idea. Who knows, it is pretty funny, Eric and I never chew gum (unless Eric can find grape big league chew or bubble gum ice cream). Have a great week. Posts might be more frequent this week, now that we are done with the floor and book club is done. Who knows I might even post pictures of the new floor with the furniture back in place!

No comments: