Monday, January 29, 2007

Sometimes it just breaks your heart

Today Gwen took a long nap, after a long time of whimpering and fussing. While she was napping she had a big coughing spurt and then started whining. I thought she was waking up, so I went up to get her, but as I peaked in I noticed she was still sleeping. Poor girl. It just broke my heart.
We were able to go and fill out the paperwork for the temp job and take the drug test. For some reason, the crazy people wouldn't let Gwen in the room (Reyna suggested it was because they thought that I was going to wring out Gwen's diaper for the pee test). Fortunately, there was a Grandma and great-Grandma in the office who kindly offered to watch Gwen while I peed. The rules were pretty strict, when she left me in the bathroom I wasn't real sure what was up and what was down. She removed the trash can and hand soap from the bathroom, I can understand the trash can, but what am I going to do with the hand soap, she wouldn't let me wash my hands in the restroom, kind of bizarre. She did let me was my hands, thank goodness. In case you were wondering it was a 45 minute drive to the lab from the house, and I certainly didn't want to do that again tomorrow. Plus I had drank about a liter of water on the trip so it took me about 10sec. Now poor over tired, sick Miss Gwen is laying almost peacefully in her crib. I am hoping she is better tomorrow, towards the end of the day her health was deteriorating. We don't really have anywhere to go tomorrow besides WW, so hopefully she can get in a good long nap or 2.

No comments: