Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday check-in

Today the most exciting thing around here is this. Life is all about who you know, isn't it?
Last night the scrapbooking was a success! I of course didn't get anything done, but we ladies had a good time. I guess I should clarify, I got some stuff done, but I never actually put anything in a book. I think I can start that today. I have had some problems locating some pictures and that has made me pretty upset. I can't find any of the pictures from my baby shower. I know that I used to have them. I have searched both laptops and the external hard drive, but to no avail. I also have not been able to locate the pictures from my 30th birthday celebration with Jess. Such a pain! After I finish this post I am going to get started on the scrapbooking, the problem with creating these albums is that sometimes it is hard to get started, the vision is not always there and I need a vision before I get started for sure! I have so much stuff, "accessories", it is overwhelming, but last night was good for me to go through my stuff and organize. I think I finally have the vision, I have a couple more pictures to print out and then we can get this show on the road.
Gwen woke up twice last night, once because the girls were so loud...they wanted to go up and comfort her, which was actually good for me, because then I was like, nope she'll live! Then she woke up around the time they left, which was the same time she woke up the night before. We all agreed that I was doing the best thing for Gwen in the long run, even if it is heart wrenching! Gwen woke up this morning at 6ish. I have decided that 6 is too early and I didn't go get her right away. This morning we get up and went for a walk (the 1 mi loop) and I let her stop and play at the playground that she loves...man she knows when we are getting close to it she perks right up and starts pointing. We came home and I let her play around the house, around 10:15 she tries to open the gate at the foot of the stairs, then put her arms up for me to carry her, I thought she was looking for Eric, but nope she walked around to my side of the bed and held her hands up and started to fuss, so I put her down for a nap and she is still sleeping. It is nice that even though I don't always know what she wants, I can seem to stumble into it! I would imagine she is pretty exhausted with all that crying and waking up early. Hopefully she will take 2 naps today, I am going to need one this afternoon! I think we will have to move to the 1 nap thing after we get that sleeping through the night thing down.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: