Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Possessed toys and other ramblings

At some point I will get around to posting the few pictures that I have of Gwen from Mom's visit. Probably sometime while Eric is gone. Eric is upstairs packing now for his trip and Gwen is sleeping. The house isn't a total wreck, but after Gwen's afternoon play session, the living room could use some work. Gwen is starting to get more intelligent in a way that people can see. (I mean we have always known that she is bright beyond her years!) But, now she is starting to Mooooo when you ask her what sound a cow makes (it sounds more like Mmmmm, but I'll take it!) If I ask her what sound a snake makes, after I prompt her she will Sssss. So cute. She also knows when we say outside she will walk to the baby gate that leads to the front door and try with all her might to open it...hopefully she won't get the thumb dexterity/strength to open the gate, she understands where the handle is and tries to pull up! Gwen is finally starting to get a sense of things "belonging"; she will put her little basketballs in the hoop and then clap for herself. She also today was trying to figure out how to put the stars back on the stacker. It was cute to watch. She did it once on accident and then I think became addicted to figuring it out. Unfortunately with the short attention span she only spent a couple minutes on the toy before the pull of the Elmo toy got to her. The toy she used to be afraid of, now she LOVES! The toy is possessed sometimes it but randomly starts making noise, I usually hear it when I am upstairs trying to calm Gwen down to go for a nap or bed. Gwen now stands at the toy and hits all the buttons and sounds like a DJ. Sometime after I get my camera back we will get a video, because it is hilarious, but could drive you a little crazy. I saw on the web that my camera is on its way back to the store, no word whether or not it was fixed! I hope for my 2 readers that it has been fixed...I know you want more pics and videos!
Oh and by the way we now have 2 white spots in our gums, 1 of her 1 yr molars is on its way! Hopefully eating and sleeping will be much improved when this is over, a girl can dream, but I won't get my hopes up!

No comments: