Monday, May 12, 2008

Gwen styled skirt

I have many thoughts flinging in my head right now, some of them good, some of them bad. I think that you would like to see how much progress Eric made on the upstairs floor. Hopefully he will finish this weekend while Gwen & I are at a birthday party.
Lately, Gwen has been taking her clothes off at night, and sometimes putting them back on at night. I think she gets irritated when we put her down and she takes them off.

Can you tell that putting the pants back on is not her strong suit!? She puts both legs in one pant hole. We switched her a non-zippered/snapped top, which she doesn't attempt to pull off, which keeps her somewhat warmer at night.
We have been giving Gwen more time outs in the last couple of days, she seems to understand the concept, now. She has been testing and not listening and that seems to be helping. I am trying to get rid of her defiant streak...ha ha, I am just kidding, I know I won't be able to do that, or should I do that, but her running out away from me is really a problem esp when I have #2! It seems that the time outs are working, to some extent. For the first time today, she stopped in the park when I said stop! I "ran" up and hugged her, I was so thrilled. I would have given her anything she wanted at that point, but fortunately for me she doesn't understand that! And today, she stood behind the car and waited for me instead of running away. I know this won't last forever and we will have set backs, but I am excited that we seem to be getting through to her.
Gwen has also enjoyed playing in her crib after her nap, I ask her if she wants out and she will say No! and then ask for toys or books, she is often in there for about a half an hour. Which can be a blessing for me because it gives me a chance to do some stuff that I don't always need her underfoot for.
I have also been debating about taking the gates down in the house. We have decided not to take the gates down yet, because of an incident last night. Eric and I were sitting at the table while Gwen was running around, Eric asked her what she was doing and she said, "asd ganbe dabey hda" or some such explanation and he thought, maybe I should check on her. He found her on the steps with her "babies" and a bow, for decorating gifts. He wasn't sure if she was on her way up or down, but as soon as I saw in her hands, I knew she had been upstairs! Let me also mention, the time between when we let her down from the chair and he asked her what she was doing was maybe 5 minutes. She had gotten all the way up and down the stairs and found her baby doll, the bow and goodness knows what else she did! Plus, now she also goes down stairs and tries to play with the car seat and bouncy seat. The problem with that is that we haven't baby-proofed that room, so she really shouldn't be down their by herself! So, if you come to our house now, remember to close the gates...otherwise the quick bandit will not be where she is supposed to be and probably getting into trouble.

No comments: