Thursday, May 15, 2008

Words on the page

So, went to the Dr today, had my favorite Dr today. I actually love going to see her. I feel such a bond with her, I am not sure you feel that same type of bond with a man Dr who delievers your baby. Although I should probably ask Kalynne, she has professed a love for one of her Dr's in her baby stories. But I digress, you probably would like to know what happened at aforementioned 37 week Dr's appt. First off she told me I was huge...not that she was saying anything about my weight, I actually lost 2 lbs since my last appt. She was talking about my belly...I am measuring at 39-40 weeks. She does not think I am going to make it to my due date (sorry Mom!) Of course, one of my girlfriend's Dr's told her that with both babies and she had her babies 1 day before she was due. I don't think she is convinced that I will make it another week, and let's not talk about what she said about the size of this baby. Ok, maybe I will, she said if I didn't go this week, this baby was going to be larger than Gwen, but that would be okay, since Gwen already stretched me up. It was kind of funny 'cause when she walked in she said to me, you like to grow them big don't you! She said if I didn't want to have the baby next week, then I better start taking it easy. I don't mind having the baby next week, but I have certain things we need to get through before we have the baby. First is Eric is walking in the ACS relay for life, the team has dwindled, so I don't want take another team member. Saturday we have to drive Baltimore to pick up the cap & gown. And then on Thursday, they are conferring Eric's diploma in Baltimore, and it is really a whole day affair and I am going to be home with Gwen all day. I would also like to make it through his celebration dinner on Saturday. But, I guess I have Sun-Thurs open. Oh did I mention I have started to dilate? Of course, I can walk around this way for weeks, and I am only 2cm not like 4!
Eric was unavailable to be at the appt and one of my girlfriends watched Gwen so I could be at the appointment by myself. It was kind of nice, except I didn't think to bring anything for my personal items. Gwen was super upset when I left. I can't say for sure it was because I was leaving, or because their dog was barking and she didn't like that at all! When I came back to pick her up, she couldn't have cared less about me, she didn't even come over and talk to me, truth be told, I am not sure she even looked at me and when I said it is time to go, she said No. Boy, this makes me feel better about leaving her when I am in labor. My girlfriend is 2nd on the list for where we will be dropping off Gwen.
I am off to make my lists of things we still need to get done and since we haven't packed the bags yet, I think I am going to make a list of what we need to pack. Gwen's bag is not really something we can pack too far in advance, since she uses most of what we will need to pack for her. Plus, since she is so picky, I would like to pack her some food items that she would eat, if they are worried about her not eating! I need to also get cooking. I haven't filled the freezer yet, and I would like to have a couple meals together, I made my grocery list last night, so it will be a cooking weekend for me! If I can find the time, fortunately I have already cleaned out the freezer.

1 comment:

Kalynne Pudner said...

Oh, I'm getting so excited for you! (And yes, it is possible to bond with a male OB...but only a very special one.)