Monday, May 05, 2008

Daddy's helper...in training!

This weekend was busy for us again. I am pretty sure until baby #2 arrives, every weekend is going to be this crazy. I spent the entire weekend getting Gwen and I out of the house so Eric could work on the floors. It was surprising how well Gwen did, even with me dragging her out of the house without Daddy. This might be the only week Eric is happy to go back to work. I think he is pretty tired, but we are on a deadline people! Apparently not having the laundry "closet" working is enough to get him to work hard, well, and maybe me driving him crazy. Eric is so close to being done, if he wasn't so exhausted, he probably would have finished last night! But, exhaustion prevailed and he didn't finish, we will however be putting the drier back tonight with the godfather's help. I can't blame him for not finishing, but I think I he will be motivated to keep working when he sees what I picked up for him today (not that I suspect that he wouldn't be motivated, but you know he's got to get some reward for working hard)! I think he only has 2-3 ft left, but it is just hallway, so it shouldn't take long. It has been difficult for him, mostly because the hall is the one to all of our rooms and Gwen's nap schedule, which he probably would have worked through did not allow for that.
Here is Gwen with Eric after her nap on Sat.


I tell you, if you didn't know any better, you'd think she actually knew what she was doing.
When we weren't "helping" Daddy, we went to a community garage sale, flea market, first Saturday, Church, Target, Home Depot and Lowes! At first Saturday, I brought an umbrella stroller, because I was determined not to carry Gwen every where. She walked all over town, either pushing the stroller or holding my hand. I chose not to go into any of the shops, because let's face it she was walking and I have been in the stores before. We saw some friends that disappeared before we could talk to them, sadly, I haven't chatted with them in forever...sorry we got side tracked! Now, I think everyone is recovering in this house. I am sad to report, I think Gwen has seasonal allergies. I am beginning to wonder if that kid got any genes from her father. I think many of them would have served her a lot better than what she got from me! Seriously, I could use a child that is slightly less stubborn and willful. I can guarantee that she didn't get that from Eric, except for this one funny story his Mom tells, that I won't go into. I used to giggle, until I had children and realized that could be me one day.

No comments: