Wednesday, May 28, 2008

T-8days +/-?

So, I am still pregnant, let me get a few things out of the way:
  1. I don't care that I am still pregnant, it doesn't bother me that the baby is still inside (of course that doesn't make me any less bitchy extra hormones and all)
  2. I don't care about the heat. I was raised in FL without air conditioning in the summer, MD summers are nothing compared to that!
  3. I am not having any contractions, I might be having Braxton-Hicks, but that only happens during my exercise class-it is a tenuous balance, having enough water to not be dehydrated and not too much so I pee in my pants in the park because there are no bathrooms.
  4. Yes I had the 1st 8lb15.5oz without drugs and I intend to do the same thing this time, barring serious medical conditions that will require intervention. I do not judge that you are any more or less a woman than I am and I don't consider myself a he-woman, I had help, I will have help again, woman have done it before and will do it again. I know that all people have different tolerances and different circumstances and you make the best decision that is presented to you at the time. So, do NOT try to make me see the "light" and don't look at me like I am a freak. This is what we have decided as a family, we have lived with these decisions and we are happy with them. Ok, so Eric just went along with me, cause I had to do all the work, but he was and has been very supportive.
  5. Right now might not be the best time to ask me if the second pregnancy flew by as compared to the first. The passage of time means nothing to me, it is the passage of time, something I have no control over. Can I believe that I could be holding my newborn at any time now, no I cannot. But I am not sure one has anything to do with the other.
  6. Please listen to me, don't hear what you want to hear, I am trying hard to listen to you and not be distracted by an internal kicker/breakdancer and a 23 month old.
  7. Don't cross me, I am at the end of my pregnancy and I don't tolerate much anymore, I apologize, one day I will be back to normal hormone levels, until then, don't expect to much.
I think that if I could pass this list out to people I encounter, life would be a lot easier. I know random strangers and new acquaintances are just trying to be polite and think that these are good things to start conversations, but seriously I don't really want to stand and talk to anyone, I want to sit, maybe put my feet up, but since they are not swelling, I guess that isn't a necessity. Which reminds me of a funny story from last night: Eric asked me to do get something for him, I was already standing, but I was lazy (go figure) so I put my feet up and said but my ankles are probably swelling so I should sit down. Unfortunately when I lifted up my feet, no they weren't swelling, so I went and got the needed object. Poop!
We have several things we still have to do before the baby comes, I think he/she is waiting for me to do these things. We have still not packed the bags. We still have not put the carseat base in the car. And, probably most importantly I am currently using the baby's crib as a bedside table. I think that bitchy might not be my actual problem, a lack of tolerance is my problem. This poses a new problem for me, since I usually internalize everything, I am not right now and that can make for some unpleasantness, especially since it means that I say whatever comes into my head that I think is important at the time. Sorry for that, if I don't say it now, it is possible it will forget it.
In more exciting news, ok I guess it depends on what your definition of exciting is. As usual for the last couple of days, Gwen was butt naked this morning. Boy was I irritated! At least there was no poop, but I also felt bad for her cause I think she slept in her pee. Or maybe she didn't she just pees first thing in the morning, I don't know. Either way the poor kid. Today I tried putting her diaper on backwards, we will see if she can figure that out! I think Gwen often wakes up and doesn't necessarily make any noises so if she is peeing in the morning (and we could try to get her to pee in the potty). But my most exciting news, for me, is that Gwen has started to pretend with me! I am so excited for this step. She came up to me and handed a bowl and a spoon, when I didn't do anything to it she took the spoon and said "yum yum". Thanks kid, I had no idea we were pretending. I don't know why I am super excited about this, but I think that it will make for a lot of fun for us in the next couple of years.
I think that it is about time to wake up sleeping Gwen so we can go to my Dr's appt.

2 comments:

Beth said...

LOVE THIS POST! I especially love the one about the no drugs - people are always looking at me like I'm crazy when I tell them we don't do drugs during labor!!!!

I may keep this list for around November....

Liesa said...

Hey! I have been through contractions three times and then opted for the drugs. Trust me, you ARE more woman than me :)

I hit a threshold and fold like a deck of cards :)