Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Remorse

Here is a picture of Eric and his celebratory maraschino/walnut cake! YUM! We had a celebratory dinner with Grandmom and the godfather and girlfriend. No pictures of anyone else!
For the last couple days, maybe a week, I have felt remorse for our sweet girl, except for today, but I will get into that later. Eric and I, as only children really have no idea what we are getting into, although I don't know how much more prepared we would be if we had siblings. But how much can my almost 2 year old really understand, I mean we have books about it and read them to her and try to explain it, but seriously, what does she really understand!? I hope it is not to traumatic, she is a sensitive girl.
Today started out as a terrible day. I feel like I have been cleaning up all day. This morning someone had taken off all her clothes, ok, you say not a big deal she does that everyday, but today she had pooped and lets just say it not a medium I approve of for fingerpainting, and curiously why is this the day that Eric had to leave early for work so I had to bathe the little one! Then we were late for class, and she has not listened to me at all today! Then she was sitting at her table drinking her "chocky nilk" and spilled it all over herself. GREAT! I decided against putting more clothes on her since we hadn't had lunch, then I gave her watermelon...why not she was already dirty, I mean since I already had to use a hose on her once today, might as well keep up the trend!
Last night we remembered that we needed to pull out more of the baby stuff and we pulled out Gwen's little gym thing. She thinks this is how it works.




After the cranky morning, I have had several phone calls that have cheered me up, one of which is from our doula we had with Gwen, she is now available for our birth, if we want to hire her again. Gwen is now awake, but I think it is weird how things work out, Eric and I were just discussing labor last night and how nice it was to have her there. We will likely be discussing this tonight, we are about 10 days from the due date, probably should make this decision quickly, so if we do hire her we can meet with her and review my pregnancy!

2 comments:

Beth said...

OH NO!!! But remember how quickly they grow up and these days will pass!!! And look at that adorable smile playing with the gym!!!

Having 2 is hard at first - but you'll adjust! Bella was only 15 months when Brooklyn came along - so...

Thinking about you!!!

Liesa said...

Congratulations to Eric! Very impressive to have an advanced degree from Johns Hopkins!

We always looked at two as not a whole lot different than 1. You are already child-centered. You guys will manage it very well, I have no doubt. Drew was almost exactly the same age Gwen will be when we had Jack. He handled it really well. He didn't like us being in the hospital for a couple days. He wouldn't get close to the baby for a week or so either, but then it was all 'old hat' to him!