Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Damn the Olympics!

I tell you I love the Olympics; I have some fond memories of watching the Olympics over the years and I think that is the problem...I get sucked in and I can't go to bed. I have been more tired this week than I have been since Nate was difficult and not sleeping well. Seriously, I used to be timely getting to class in the morning and now I am late because I can't get up because I stayed up until midnight!
In other news, Nate is adorable and "Miss Gwen" as she calls herself is cute as can be. Ok, that is not so much news, but in general things are going much better around here than they were say 6 weeks ago. I am finally getting my head above water around here. I am able to get the house clean and I like it. It seems like it has been a long time coming. Being pregnant with Nate I got used to doing 1 "chore" and showering after exercise group while she was napping and then spending the rest of her nap time watching tv. It took me sometime to realize that I don't need that TV time during the day, but I miss it! I used to post and catch up on reading during that time, but now I clean the house, except for toys, I don't see any point in doing that twice a day. Sometimes I even prep for dinner, since goodness knows what it will be like around here. The only problem with this new schedule is I don't really get any me time to watch my taped "crap" that Eric won't watch. I would watch that while Eric studies, but the damn Olympics are on and I think we have already discussed that, didn't we?
Tomorrow I am taking Gwen to the dentist for the first time. Any bets on how terrible that will be, should I just bring myself something to ease the pain and screaming? Well, I guess I best get going, I wouldn't want to miss any of the Olympics!

No comments: