Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas preview

Since we are in MD and everyone else is somewhere else we will most likely never spend the holidays with everyone. (Sadly both of our Mothers have jobs that require working on holidays.) Eric and I as many of you know have done a lot of work to our townhouse, well, it needed it. The next thing we need to do is replace the flooring, Eric has already done the downstairs area, but the time has come for the middle floor and stairs. So, we have been looking at hardwoood floors. Today we received the sample box of our top picks. I usually wait to do stuff like that, but I was too excited to wait until she napped. (I would have had to wait a total of 10 minutes later). As you can see, it was probably worth it not to wait!


She might not have any interest in material things, but she certainly likes a box! When I was a kid we had a cat, Pixie, we never got him anything for Christmas because he got so much enjoyment out of the boxes and wrapping paper, just letting him play in the box and crinkle the wrapping paper was all the present he ever needed (oh and knocking down Mom's low hanging ornaments and laying under the tree was of course fun!)
So, do you see visions of the Gwen as a toddler when you look at the last picture? Yesterday when I was getting my hair cut, the woman asked me who Gwen looked like, I replied her Dad...she said that's ok her resemblance will change when she grows up. The man at the liquor store told me the same thing, are they implying that Eric is not attractive? I am married to the guy should I take offense, should Eric? Well, it is kind of funny, I know they are not being mean, but it is humorous that they think telling me Gwen will look more like me when she grows up would make me feel better. I married Eric though, and I think he is cute, so I don't really care if she looks like him...she has my cute button nose and that is enough for me!

No comments: