Thursday, November 16, 2006

Intresting side notes

So during the meet Miss Gwen, we received a Wonder kids CD, (toddler version), that I started listening to with Gwen. It is a very cute CD, several religious song and then I stumbled across this song called Goosey, Goosey Gander these are the lyrics.
Goosey, goosey, gander
Whither do you wander
Upstairs, downstairs
In my ladies chamber?
There I met an old man
Who would not say his prayers
I took him by the left leg
And threw him down the stairs
Um, WHAT? Just for not saying his prayers you thought it was a good idea to throw him down the stairs? (The second verse is an old maid sitting in her chair so she threw them down the stairs. The forth verse is a young girl that didn't comb her hair.) I am not sure that this is the message I want to Gwen to have.
In other news, the I might have a problem, I am so proud when Gwen goes to the Dr and she such a superstar. I mean if anyone has seen the back of my cross-stitches they know I have a problem, is it perfectionism? Do you think this will lead me to be one of those Mothers that everyone hates that compares their child to other children and talk about how much better my children than others.
Eric once told me if I started to go a little wonky from staying-at-home he was going to send me to visit my Mom for a head-fix. I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem. How will I ever make any friends if I keep this attitude up?
Anyway I really watched Gwen today, I mean I watch her everyday, but today I watched her for new things that she can do. While at the Dr's office the nurse practitioner sat her up and Gwen sat there for a couple minutes before she leaned. She wasn't sitting 'pretty', up straight, she was leaning towards her feet. So, back to today, while she was laying on her tummy I noticed she is starting to pull her legs in and push her butt up. She is also pushing up with her arms. So I figure if I put Mr. Starfish far enough away she will start crawling toward him, but I don't think I want her to start crawling...we have far too many stairs with fair too little safety gates.

No comments: