Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

The turkey is in the oven! Ok, the turkey has been in the oven for over an hour. I wanted to get up at 7am and put it in, but when Miss Gwen woke up at 5am and kept me up until almost 6, that plan went out the window. So I got up at 8. The only problem with that is that the innards of the turkey appear to be frozen still, it took me quite some time to pull out the plastic piece holding the turkey together (technically, Eric did it) it then took a long time to get the neck out. So, our turkey dinner won't be at 1-2, probably more like 3. But, I guess that is what happens when you buy a $0.37/lb 12lb turkey instead of the 6-8lb turkey you were planning on (I saved $1/lb!) The only other problem I am likely to have this year is that I have never made gravy! I've made the turkey before, but we were in California and I had Hector make the gravy. So, should be interesting. That year I didn't have any drippings they all burned on the bottom of the pan. I'll let you know how it goes!
Here are some pictures of Miss Gwen sitting up. The first 3 are from Monday, the last one is from yesterday. Check back soon for pictures from today. Isn't she just the cutest!? Ok, I know I am biased. Yesterday at CVS the pharmacist said what a lean looking baby, so healthy. I looked around to see if he was talking to someone else, but yes it was to me. I had to write this down because it is certainly the first time ANYONE has called Gwen thin! I guess there is a run of obese kids in Frederick, that is only explanation.




Well, back to basting the bird and watching the Macy's day parade. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving; hope you get pleasantly stuffed.

No comments: