Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Mini Me

In my last post, I forgot to mention the fact that Gwen really is a mini me. I can't deny it any longer. I realize that as a SAHM that Gwen spends most of her time with me and would likely mimic me. I just did not realize the extent of the mimicking. I forgot to mention that if I say a phrase like "Thank you, honey" it gets repeated, and morphed into Gwen's own phrase of "thank you, hon" anytime Eric or myself does anything nice for her. I have to surpress a giggle most of the time, even though she says it a lot, it still is funny to hear! The dancing though, that is what makes having Gwen around fun! Whenever I think she is driving me crazy or that we need a change of pace, I can usually turn on the iPod and dance the kitchen like a buffoon and she will smile or giggle and follow my lead. When Eric was driving us home today I was singing along to the music and bobbing my head and I turn and Gwen was doing the same thing. It made me smile, despite the fact that Nate was ticked in the back seat...didn't ANYONE know it was past his bedtime, people he is on a SCHEDULE! I have never, ever, ever liked dancing in public, but I will often dance and sing around my house and it is good to know Gwen will join me! (Because she likes to sing along also, even if she can't keep up she still says the words! so cute, oh and don't count on any video of us singing and dancing, even if we did happen to get it on tape I would not post it!)

1 comment:

Beth said...

That is funny. I am with you on the no dancing in public - but at home a totally different story!!! Our girls love to dance and we often have the tv on the music channels....