Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Eric unfortunately is still sick, which was bad for my T'day dinner.  I heard him telling his Mother he didn't do my meal justice, and he certainly didn't.  I may have made too many things, but everything sounded good (and tasted good, if I might add.  As I write this, I realize I am a little hungry now, might be time for round 2!  This year I made mashed potatoes, but instead of regular mashed potatoes I saw a recipe for them with goat cheese and caramelized onions.  They were great!  Eric also wanted creamed corn, I found a recipe for skillet creamed corn (topped with bacon!)  YUM!  Then I also made the usual suspects, cran-bake, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, biscuits, and gravy!  We also had "jello" my kids called it, which makes me kind of sad for them that they think cranberry sauce from a can is jello, but they love it, so it is a good thing I bought 2 cans! 
The kids seemed to have been suffering from over stimulation from being inside too long, so I sent everyone outside to finish up the cooking, but they didn't last long, Daddy slept outside while they played.  They didn't really hit their outdoor stride until after dinner when they ran outside to say hi to Mrs. Susan.  I went out with them and they ran outside basically in circles around her yard.  They did "help" her a little with her gardening.  She is a very nice neighbor and is so patient with them, probably because her son is in high school and she misses the toddler hugs! 
I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments: