Monday, November 21, 2011

Manic Monday

Nate and I went into school today and one of the ladies that works in the office gave him a little toy, while I was collecting checks.  Apparently she made him close his eyes and put out his hands.  He was incredibly excited, his exuberance was noticeable.  He has been doing reenactments all day. 
I am looking forward to the kids having a couple days off.  I am hoping to get some cleaning and stuff done around the house, that we just don't seem to have time to do with the pick-up, drop-off, other things to do in between. 
I went to the grocery store today without kids, and some crazy lady felt the need to talk to me.  I felt our conversation was weird.  First she was sending her shopping partner, who she treated as if he wasn't 100% with it and kept repeating "LIGHT brown sugar" for sweet potatoes, and then turned to me and said, "RIGHT?".  I have always been a little confused as to which brown sugar to use, unless specifically stated in the recipe, so I just agreed. And then she started chatting me up about what we were having for Thanksgiving asking me if we were having turkey or a roast?  I answered "turkey for Thanksgiving, roast for Christmas" to which she replied "oh, changing it up"?  I don't know about you, but I thought everyone (who eats meat) eats turkey for Thanksgiving.  Although I noticed in her basket a roast-like thing.  I went ahead and picked up light brown sugar for my sweet potatoes, because she seemed to know what she was talking about when it came to sweet potatoes.  I was trying to convince a friend that we should do Thanksgiving together, I would do half the meal and she would do half, since I didn't want our family to get a free ride...but she didn't want to relinquish half the control, so we are doing our own thing.  We'll likely have too much food, hopefully I won't have to cook much this weekend! 


No comments: