Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Eating and other things

I have started my dessert and have finished my stuffing. So all's left is to post, while the pumpkin pie is cooking! Eric likes store bought foods, I like to cook...this causes many discussions around holidays. He likes store bought pumkin pie. I would rather have a homemade pumkin pie. This is not to say Eric won't eat my pumpkin pie, he will, happily, but he always wants to pick up the store made pie. This year I decided to go "Betty Crocker" as my girlfriend said and buy a pumpkin and make fresh pumpkin pie. (should I mention here I would prefer Pecan pie altogether, but we don't have enough family for me to justify making 2 desserts for holidays, yet!) I am currently working on the second crust, my first crust failed miserably. I don't know what I was thinking, I make crusts better than that! The second crust is much better, it wasn't falling apart, but part of the crust fell in again, fortunately for me, it is not the look of the pie that Eric likes and just because something is ugly, doesn't mean it isn't edible! So, let's just say if the pie is going to be really ugly, I just hope that the filling doesn't spill over the sides too much! But the great thing about the pumpkin roasting is now I have a bunch of pumpkin puree for Nate to eat. Awesome! Which leads me to my next topic:
Baby Nate eating! Today we started Nate on rice cereal! Now the jury is still out on whether Nate enjoyed this or since he is teething he just wanted the spoon to chew on. But either way, we all seemed to have fun, I will let you be the judge of that!
I did a slideshow of the pics this time, but sadly didn't have the forsight to do the red-eye editing before I uploaded the pictures and I it takes entirely too long to edit in photobucket!

Eric also took a video...

I also took a video tonight; not of eating, but of Nate blowing Raspberries, you will have to pardon hearing me blow them right into the camera trying to get Nate to blow them, but as soon as I pulled out the camera he stopped, until I got him started again!

No comments: