Saturday, November 15, 2008

Eating

I am officially done trying to potty train Gwen. She still refuses to pee whenever I ask her and then I find she has peed on herself. So, I am thinking it is not worth the effort, right now. I will be getting some books on the potty training when I am next at the library to be prepared for when she does finally decide to be ready. But, I suspect when she is ready, I won't need any of the knowledge I have learned. This seems to be a lot like the eating thing. I haven't mentioned the eating thing here lately, since I don't want to jinx it. But, it has been a week or two and the improvement is phenomenal. I think the low point was when I was exhausted, tired from dealing with her crapola around dinner time and I told her "I don't really care if you starve, I am not going to give you cereal" or whatever she wanted, she didn't seem to care at that point either, but she knew she didn't want what I was offering. I had also noticed Gwen was not really drinking her milk, and I suspected she was drinking her calories instead of eating them, so I stopped offering milk to her. Since then Gwen has been eating dinner with us. She has been trying everything, she might not eat it all, but dinner seems so much easier and nicer and less stressful. She also might not sit with us the whole time, but one battle at a time! So one day, randomly in the future, sometime before she starts kindergarten she will be potty trained, I guess I will just have to wait for more signs that she is ready.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I believe if she were ready - she'd be doing it! We went through this with Bella and then one day she just decided she wanted to wear panties and has done wonderfully sense - but this revelation did not come about until about 2 or 3 weeks before her 3rd birthday! Now she has very few accidents (we do have some - but not many)!!

Melanie said...

I agree, I wrote this post mostly for my Mom, she has been very opinionated about this. Gwen wants to wear panties, just doesn't want to take the effort to go to the potty to pee, and certainly doesn't want me telling her what to do! ;)