Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving--the wrap up!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving, we hope you did also. This turkey day seemed to go much smoother than years past. I was much calmer about the food, I spent most of the day bored, thinking I should be doing something food wise. I think most of the difference must be the later eating time. I planned the meal for 4p. We ate at 4:30, not bad really. Also, I didn't make any casseroles. I made my own crescent rolls, because I forgot to pick up rolls, and like I said, what else was I going to do? Hopefully this is a new trend in my holiday cookery!
Our guests, minus their oldest!
She had already found the kids table and was sitting at the table, patiently waiting! I think the girls sat in all the chairs, but since it was just the 2 of them, they could move and sit wherever they wanted! Gwen actually ate some turkey and the cranberry sauce and the marshmallow off her sweet potatoes.
Eric felt like it was important to put the turkey leg in the picture because otherwise it would have just looked like any other day. I am pretty sure Nate would have eaten it if it was any closer to his mouth!
The meal seemed to be a huge success, I tried a new recipe for the gravy and Eric is raving about it to anyone he talks to, so beware, if you talk to him you will hear about my gravy! It was just some giblet gravy, but I have been told I can make it again! All the rest of the sides were apparently yummy also, I notice several people taking seconds and possibly thirds, so that means they were yummy, right? The pie was good also, even though it wasn't pretty, Gwen actually ate the whole thing, which is unusual, she usually just eats the crust, but she actually ate the whole thing.
The girls ran off and played during dinner, it was hilarious to hear them, they are so random at this age. We tried to get a picture of them right before they left, but the law of U. pictures prevailed...the law states that when there are more than 2 people in a picture there will never be a picture where everyone is looking at the camera and smiling! Nate looks the best in this picture, so I went with this one, since he often gets the short end of the stick.

No comments: